Changes to my study programme
Good god, where do I even start with this subject?
For starters the building of Film and television should be next to Theater department building and not next to the Journalism one.
The amount of actual courses we have in common (I mean actually related to our vocations) with Journalism are so incidental that we would be better off spending more time with people from the art faculties. The communication studies are really interesting but they are too theorical for our career, and whenever the teachers try to relate the content to Filmmaking it ends up feeling forced or poorly thought-out. Maybe it's just me but I would prefer to spend more time to brush up on the skills required to my craft than studying more to have critical thinking but not actually doing anything.
Our career program is a joke, we only study sound design and practice with the equipments on one semester, for something we are going to basically be using our entire careers. And several "teachers", people who worked on film and television bussiness at least, should have some pedagogic studies on their curriculums aswell.
I believe the new program for the freshmen is far better though.
Film students have an insane amount of work outside of classroom but somehow they expect us to finish every short film and essays from one week to the next, and then the teachers call poorly done shorts "uninspired" when is clearly a case of overwork. And teacher always proceed to tell us all those bullshit anecdotes about how they faced the same problems during the shooting of a film, but completely failed to realize we, the students, still have to do work that has little to nothing to do with filmmaking to begin with. And some of us work during the week too.
Basically, it all responds to some twisted idea that we have "to produce" something (knowledge probably, I don't know). It's just frustrating when you read those tests and essays from your classmates, because all you see are parrots that repeat the same thing they memorized, or simply copy, the night before. And the one guy who actually did the effort to write something creative and interesting is evaluated the same way with the other student that just summarized a text.
Yeah, I have some strong opinions about this subject. I still like the career though, just not ICEI in general.
Ohh I don´t knew this situation): I hope all this bad things change):
ResponderEliminar